Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Stingrays?!

Yesterday Todd and I became official members of the Phoenix Zoo! That being said, we have season passes all year to the zoo for 2 adults and 4 kids ages 3-18.  Also, the little ones under 2 are free.  If anyone wants to go just let us know, the pass is for me and one guest, so I have to be there but if you want Todd and I can take your kids! There is a new exhibit there and you can touch stingrays, you have to pay a dollar but it is really neat! They are only going to be there until April 20th though, so if you don't go this week you'll miss them! But, you can do the same thing at Sea World for free.  Anyways, while we were petting them it was feeding time so we got to feed them fish and shrimp.  You make a fist with the food popping out and put it down into the water and they come suck it up.  Its kind of gross and a little scary, but they don't have any teeth just suckers.  Here are a few pics, Todd pointed out that we should've used our underwater                                                                        feature on our camera, but the Zoo people probably wouldn't have liked it.  After we saw the stingrays we went over to see the Orangutangs and the other monkeys.  The orangutangs were huge! There were I think 2 females and a baby and then the BIIIIIGGGG Papa.  He was huge! Then, we went over to see these Squirrel Monkeys. They are just crawling on ropes and trees out in the open seriously like a foot away from you.  It was crazy! There was this one little bugger who jumped over my head from a tree from a rope and it freaked me out! I thought he was going to land on my head! The zoo workers ere telling us how they will bite HARD if you get too close, and that they use their pee to mark their territory, so as soon as you get out of the exhibit you have to wash your hands.  Crazy little monkeys thats for sure!  

6 comments:

PMClan said...

We had a pass last year. The boys loved touching the sting rays!
What fun to be newlyweds!

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

Hi! Thanks for leaving that nice comment on our blog! We are actually moving to Phoenix in like 3 weeks for the summer. My husband installs alarms and we'll be there until the end of August. I don't know anyone there except Jane and Todd. I'm so worried it'll be SO HOT!! Do you like it there? I'm a little nervous about the move. You and your husband are a darling couple! Charlie Bit Me is one of our all time Favorite Youtube videos!

Gini said...

Crazy little monkeys is right!!!

Beeswax said...

You can come get all my kids and take them to the zoo anytime you like. I'm nice like that.

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

We would love to hang out with you guys when we get down there! I'll let you know once we're all settled in. I'm looking to nanny while I'm there so if you know a family that needs a nanny send them my way :) I'm going to add you to our friends list~

Ally said...

i love hanging out with you guys too! i always have such a fun time! the zoo was the bomb! i did put pictures of me on them and all my friends loved them haha! thanks again for all the clothes and stuff! love you too!