Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Date Night!

Saturday night, after the broadcast, Todd and I met up with one of our favorite couples to hang out with, Jessica and Josh, to hang out and see a movie over by the Cardinals Stadium at Westgate.  We walked around and had dinner, and then met up with Jess and Josh to see this...

It was very good and I highly recommend it! It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I had high expectations though, because I had seen the preview for it in July and could not wait for it to come out! While we were walking to our movie, we noticed that the AVP tournament was taking place at the same time.  We had wanted to get tickets but just forgot so when we saw it we were bummed that we forgot about it because it looked so cool! Well, luckyfor us, after our movie the last set of the game was just starting so they let us in for FREE! It was so cool! We were able to see Gold Medalist Kerry Walsh, and I sort of got a picture of her below.  Misty May-Treanor wasn't there though because she is doing Dancing with the Stars.  These ladies are so tall and muscular! I wouldn't want to play volleyball with any of them competitively, thats for sure! It was amazing to see how they just transport the sand anywhere they want and then pick it up and move out.  It was so fun and next time the tour comes we will definitely be getting some tickets.  Hope you all had a great weekend!



4 comments:

PMClan said...

I use to love going to the mens tournaments that would come to Sacramento. My friends and I use to go to the ones at Huntington Beach, CA and also see the surfing!
Fun Times!

The Robinson Family said...

Sounds like a fun night. Kerry walsh is amazing. I loved watching them during the olympics. I' m not sure how I cam across your blog either, but I linked your blog on my page, if that is ok. Feel free to do the same if you want.

Julene said...

What a fun date. You two know how to find the good stuff! Will you let Todd know that Taylor is coming down the week-end of Bobby's wedding to stay for a few days, and would love to hook up for some fun.

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

FUN!!! How lucky to catch that for FREE non the less. As a newlywed I can totally appreciate the FREE part! :) We want to see that movie so bad! That'll be the next one on our list. We saw Forever Strong~it's a Rugby movie and it was WAY GOOD too! I haven't heard too much about it but it had such an amazing plot and wonderful morals. We think everyone should see it~especially men. I wish that we lived in the same state (like we were originally supposed to!) We'd be your movie buddies. We LOVE a good movie!